Ultrasonic aroma diffuser - how to use it at home?
You certainly want to ensure a good atmosphere in your home or apartment. One way to make your home cozy is to use an ultrasonic aroma diffuser with essential oils. In this practical article, we have included basic information that will allow you to start your adventure with aromatherapy by using an ultrasonic diffuser (also called an aroma lamp or aromatherapy lamp).
How to use an ultrasonic aroma diffuser with an air humidifier? Practical advice for aromatherapy lovers
- Do not use too warm or even too hot water. The water used for the diffuser should be distilled or filtered.
- Do not touch the vibration plate with your fingers or metal tools. This may damage the plate and reduce mist output.
- Never wash the ultrasonic aroma diffuser under running water. This is an electrical device.
- Always mix aromatherapy fragrance oil with water. Do not pour just the oil into the lamp. The recommended proportions are 1 drop of oil per 20 ml of water.
- Remember to fill the reservoir in the aroma diffuser to the designated maximum level. Overflow may damage the device.
- Do not move the aroma diffuser if there is water in it.
Ultrasonic aroma diffuser - step by step instructions for use
- Aromatherapy lamps with humidifiers are intended for home or office use.
- Before each use of the lamp, check whether the cable is not damaged. If the cable is damaged, do not use the lamp. This rule, of course, applies to all types of electrical devices.
- Place the cable so that children and pets cannot pull it.
- To get the most out of your aromatherapy lamp with fragrance diffusion function, fill the air humidifier with distilled water to the maximum level marked (different for each lamp).
- If you want the fragrance mist to be emitted to be stronger, pour less water than the maximum marked level in the tank.
- If you want to provide fragrance, add one to five drops of fragrance oil to the lamp (for lamps up to 100 ml). Follow the instructions of the manufacturers of the oils you use.
- To measure the amount of water in the tank, use the cup with a spout attached to the lamp. The recommended proportions of oil to water are one drop of aromatic oil for every 20 ml of water poured into the tank.
Additional instructions for using the aromatherapy lamp fragrance diffuser
- Be sure to carefully place the diffuser cap on the reservoir. If the lid is left ajar, water may start pouring out of the device after you start using it.
- Some aromatherapy lamps have the function of changing color during operation. If your lamp has this function, you can freely choose the lighting color and use the practical night mode.
- After each use of the aroma lamp, remember to clean the water tank. Empty the tank and remove any remaining water and moisture (and oil) from the lamp reservoir. If water or moisture is left, it may cause mineral deposits to accumulate in the reservoir and shorten the life of the product.
Practical tips - how to use an air humidifier with essential oils?
- An aromatherapy lamp requires a minimal amount of work to function properly.
- When cleaning the lamp, always unplug the power cord.
- The basis of the lamp's operation is an ultrasonic vibrating plate. If you don't clean the lamp after each use, mineral deposits may stain it. Always clean the water tank and the vibration plate using a soft, dry, clean cloth (you can also use a paper towel and cotton buds, we recommend paper or bamboo ones, not plastic ones).
- If you are going to change the scent in your scented humidifier, be sure to clean the device.
- Never use sharp or metal tools to clean the lamp reservoir.
- Remember to clean the lid and the hole through which the fragrance mist escapes. Wipe and clean the lid regularly, let it dry naturally.
- Do not use alcohol, vinegar or other cleaning agents that may be corrosive or aggressive to clean the lamp.
- Clean the vibration plate when it is wet. Cleaning your diffuser becomes difficult when the water dries and the mineral deposits harden.
- Depending on the capacity of the tank and the amount of water poured in, your lamp will work on average from 3 to 6 hours. After this time, it should turn off on its own.
A fragrant house. Naturally.