How to mix essential oils and make compositions? Which oils help with what?
Natural essential oils are obtained from various parts of plants from around the world, in particular from leaves, flowers, roots, bark, seeds and fruits. Essential oils are usually in high concentration, so before use they should be diluted with vegetable oils in a ratio of at least 1:3 (depending on the manufacturer's recommendations, in case of doubt, consult the selected proportions with professionals).
What is aromatherapy and how can we use it?
Aromatherapy is a simple and effective method of natural therapy supporting many common ailments through the use of natural essential oils introduced into the body through the skin. This can be done with massage, baths, compresses or cosmetics. One of the simplest forms of aromatherapy is the classic smell of essential oils diffused in the air. For this purpose, aroma burners or ultrasonic aroma diffusers are used. Essential oils are also commonly used in saunas. We recommend versatile essential oils from the German brand Aroma Dream.
How to use essential oils for aromatherapy?
- Massage - add 3-5 drops of essential oil to 12 drops of carrier oil, and then massage the body with circular movements.
- Bath - pour the oil solution (5 drops of essential oil, 10 - 15 drops of carrier oil) into a bathtub filled with 1/3 of water at a temperature of about 35 degrees Celsius. Spread the oil carefully on the water surface.
- Aromatherapy with scent - just add a few drops of oil to a container of hot water, an air humidifier or an aromatherapy fireplace.
What are the basic contraindications and precautions when using essential oils?
Learn the basic contraindications and precautions when using essential oils. Be sure to carefully read the instructions and recommendations of the oil manufacturer you choose.
- Do not use oils orally.
- Do not allow contact with eyes.
- It should be used with caution in people prone to allergies.
- Do not use in pregnant women and children under 3 years of age.
- Do not apply undiluted oils directly to the skin.
How to store essential oils?
Storing essential oils does not require a special place or temperature that would be difficult to obtain in an apartment or house. Essential oils should be stored in a cool place away from sunlight and the container should be closed immediately after use. Keep out of the reach of children.
Which oils help with various ailments? How to mix oils and make compositions?
Remember that using oils does not replace medical consultation and conventional treatment. Please consult your doctor before using essential oils.
- Cough, cold, runny nose, upper respiratory tract infections - eucalyptus oil, pine oil, clove oil, peppermint oil
- Headaches of various origins - peppermint, lavender, clove, eucalyptus oil
- Rheumatic and muscle pain - pine, clove, eucalyptus oil
- Hyperactivity, insomnia, nervousness - lavender, lemon oil
- Skin diseases, acne, mycosis - lavender, eucalyptus oil
- Low blood pressure, lethargy - eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, Siberian fir oil
- Overwork, lack of concentration, stress - lavender, lemon oil
- Excessive sweating, unpleasant skin odor - lavender or lemon oil
- Effects of insect bites - eucalyptus, clove, lavender oil
- Depression, anxiety, anxiety - orange, lemon, lavender, tangerine oil.